Father’s Rights

Father's Rights

Are you a Father with a child who was born outside of marriage? Whether you have a brand-new baby or an older child, as a Father, you must take extra steps in order to exercise your rights. Georgia law gives the mother sole custody and control over your child. Fathers have no legal right to see their kids or be involved in their life until they petition the Court and obtain an order which legitimates the child. It’s important to proceed with a legitimation action as soon as possible, because the courts can rule against you if a significant amount of time passes. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment to discuss your case and begin the legitimation process.

Serving Paulding County (including the cities of Dallas and Hiram) and surrounding counties; Cobb County (including the cities of Marietta, Acworth, Kennesaw, and Smyrna), Douglas County (including the city of Douglasville), Bartow County (including the cities of Cartersville and Emerson), and Polk County (including the city of Rockmart).