Elder Law

Older woman in wheelchair being embraced by husband or son

The Law Office of Jeanne O’Halleran offers the following Elder Law services:

  • Adult Guardian/Conservator
  • Wills
  • Trusts
  • Probate

Adult Guardian/Conservator
Adults need guardians or conservatosr for a variety of reasons. Elderly people often need a guardian or conservator as they advance in age, especially if there are suffering from dementia or Alzheimer Disease. Young adults need guardians or conservators once they turn 18, if they suffer from a condition, such a cystic fibrosis, autism, or downs syndrome, that leaves them unable to perform the basic skills to be an independent adult. Other adults need a guardian or conservator after suffering from a traumatic injury, leaving them in a dependent condition.

What all these situations have in common is an individual who needs help from friends and loved ones to make life’s most basic decisions. That may include both personal and financial decisions. The role of a guardian is to make the personal decisions, such as medical treatment. The conservator handles financial responsibilities for the individual.

Any of these situations can be heart-wrenching, but there is a legal remedy to ensure that loved ones can act on behalf of a disabled individual. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation to discuss or begin the process of petitioning the court for a guardian or conservator for friend or a loved one.

Losing a family member is traumatic, but having to sort out the pieces after their death can be just as difficult. Creating a will ensures that your family can make the difficult transition as smoothly as possible. The Law Office of Jeanne O’Halleran can help you create some piece of mind for your loved ones.

A trust can be a vital tool for estate planning, or in planning for the needs of children or other loved ones after your death. Contact our office today to discuss your options.

If you have recently lost a loved one, the Law Office of Jeanne O’Halleran can help you through the quagmire of probating an estate. Contact our office today for a consultation.

Serving Paulding County (including the cities of Dallas and Hiram) and surrounding counties; Cobb County (including the cities of Marietta, Acworth, Kennesaw, and Smyrna), Douglas County (including the city of Douglasville), Bartow County (including the cities of Cartersville and Emerson), and Polk County (including the city of Rockmart).